Should I be blogging? What is a blog? How would it help my business?
In order to answer these questions, we have decided to begin our own blogging effort here at iba.
What is a blog?
It's a regularly updated piece of your website that is written in a more informal style. It's a conversation that you, as the writer, will have with your audience. The topic options are endless, and there are no real 'rules', just 'conventions'.
Pretty simple, right? Not for everyone. 'Everyone' is not a writer. But, everyone has a voice... and most everyone would like their voice to be heard. Enter... you. (and me!)
Gone are the days that blogging only encompass stories about mundane day-to-day tasks - how to braid hair and natural remedies for bloating. Blogs today often contain very fascinating and important information.
Blogging is powerful. It's YOUR power. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Websites that sit stagnant will not attract new clients or customers. Regularly updated websites will increase seo, directly resulting in more exposure to potential leads.
- The only way to become a better writer, is to write. The more you blog, the more you write.
- To write, you have to read. Bonus! You will learn new things!
- It is cheap! Or free!
- Educate your customers about your company services. Debut new products. Increase your company exposure.
- Blogging builds your network. "The opposite of networking is NOT working" ~Someone Smart
And so much more... read this if you have time... http://www.envision-creative.com/its-not-just-seo-reap-these-3-benefits-of-blogging/
When you run across a good blog article, THANK THEM! Comment! Share! Give them a pat on the back. Remember that they started at the beginning, too.
And if your company needs a bit of a kick in the butt - or just a game plan - contact us. We can help. firstname.lastname@example.org
"Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words." - Mark Twain